Friday, January 18, 2008

Célia - Célia [1971 Continental] 320 kbps - 76 mb (Reup)


I've just returned from a month long stay in Paris & had a chance to listen to this lovely LP with my host Arnaud who like me is quite fond of a lovely female voice kissing the eardrums. I'm reupping this one for those who missed it the first time I posted it. I'll confess that I find this LP a little slow at the beginning of the disc, but after the first 2 songs this very fine LP really kicks in a big way. Célia happens to have a very sexy voice & the songwritiing & arrangements really make this very much worth your attention. I really enjoy this session & what a heavenly voice. Stand outs are "Durango Kid", "David" & "To Be" & "Abrace Paul Mc Cartney Por Mim". Thank you Greg for this share & super nice find. Brasilian Pop at its very best & a very nice look at a fine group of emerging songwriters. This lovely lady can convey a song properly! A real talent. Superb. Enjoy!

Célia - Célia [1971 Continental]
01. Blues (Capinan - Joyce)
02. No clarão da lua cheia (Ronaldo Monteiro - Ivan Lins)
03. Durango Kid (Toninho Horta - Fernando Brant)
04. David (Nelson Ângelo)
05. To be (Joyce)
06. Abrace Paul McCartney (Joyce)
07. Pelo teletipo (José Jorge - Ruy Maurity)
08. Adeus batucada (Sinval Silva)
09. Para Lennon e McCartney (Márcio Borges - Lô Borges - Fernando Brant)
10. Zózoio - Como é que é (Nelson Ângelo)
11. Fotograma (Tibério Gaspar - Antônio Adolfo)

File Under: MPB

No comments:

Post a Comment