Friday, January 25, 2008

Adoniran Barbosa - Adoniran Barbosa [1974 Odeon] 320 kbps - 77 mb





Greetings & a happy New Year since this is my first post of the new year. I'll pick up where I left off with my last post. Here is the 1974 Odeon set from Adoniran Barbosa which pairs perfectly with the '75 LP. This is listed as one of the essential MPB/Samba albums on the Luiz Americo tribute page on my sidebar. A really wonderful record & all compositions are penned by Adoniran. Spins beautifully & this is truly a great Samba album from a great era. This is my first contact with this artist & I must admit that I actually like the 1975 a little more but, this record is equally superb. As always, enjoy!

File Under: Samba

P.S. Another thing to consider here is that most of this artist compositions go back as early as 20 years before this session. So the bulk of this album is a reworking of this fantastic composers body of songs filtered through the lens of song-craft of 70's engineering & arranging. Bravo for this!

No comments:

Post a Comment