Thursday, January 4, 2007

V.A. - Minha Portela Querida - Sambas de Terreiros [1972 Odeon] 224 kbps - 50 mb


I'm bringing this back to the front so its gets another chance at being heard better. If someone were to say to me, "I know nothing about Samba. Could you pick a good example so that I could know what a good record sounds like?" I think I would choose a record like this one.
This is a perfect example of early 70's Samba. Served up here expertly by the Odeon studios. Who ever set up the microphones for this session & mixed it were geniuses. Really love the cuica, cowbell, woodblock sound here. Fans of Paulinho da Viola & Candeia will know what kind of company we're in. Deep Samba! Amazing, amazing, amazing! If you need proof, then check my later Samba Showdowns. I'm all over this gem. Enjoy!

01. Voltei (Wilson Bombeiro e Anézio)
02. Paz (Ivancué)
03. Conversa Fiada (Joãozinho da Pecadora)
04. Não Chora Meu Amor (Casquinha)
05. Meu Dinheiro Nao Da (Candeia e Catoni)
06. Um Certo Dia Para 21 (Paulinho da Viola)
07. Deixa De Zanga (Candeia)
08. Ilu Aye (Cabana e Norival Reis)
09. Não Pode Ser Verdade (Alberto Lonato)
10. Amor Sem Raiz (Carlos Elias)
11. Em Festa De Rato Nao Sobra Queijo (Velha)
12. Meu Regresso (Monarco)
13. O Que Eu Quero E Sambar (Garoto)

P.S. This record is the BOMB. It is being dropped here in a BIG WAY. Smokin'!!! DJ's, don't sleep on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment