Monday, January 22, 2007

Conjunto Sambacana - Conjunto Sambacana Vol.3 [1969 Odeon] 256 kbps - 58 mb


How I forgot to post this lovely little session is beyond me? The cover photo says it all. 7 singers breezing through 12 very pretty late 60's vocal jazz numbers. Greg had introduced me to this LP way back in 2002. I had always enjoyed this session, so I share this Greg Caz rip of this super-sweet bossa jazz spinner. Rather short at 26 mintues. This LP plays like a summer breeze gently flowing by. Very nice!

File Under: Bossa Nova / Vocal Jazz

P.S. A gentle & unassuming set, but there are some really outstanding numbers here. Standouts for me are "Tarde Azul", "Canto Puro Amor", "Daudade Nos Olhos", "Giro" & "Tudo Azul". Overall, a very nice & worthwhile listen. At 26 minutes, you won't be bored.

No comments:

Post a Comment