Friday, February 22, 2008
Hey everybody! Well, it's that birthday time of the year for me & I feel like opening my first gift. So here it is & I'm overjoyed to have onlookers to share it with it. Why stop at 18 hours of Samba when the true carnival spirit would surely be more like 19 or 20. Right? Those of us who live in regions where that darn sun just won't seem to come out, then this installment of the series will be for some like the VERY SUN ITSELF. I drop these volumes because this is truly my tempo & yes, I live my life in a carnival line...HEY! Happy birthday to me! I hope you enjoy my gift?
P.S. If you happen to be listening to this in public transit, please let out a big smile to the world. It's always ever so welcomed! Peace onto the soul of humanity & I not only mean it, but I kind it too. Quero Alegria (I Want Joy)
Thank you Greg & Moos & Zeca & all of my buddies online who added to the proceedings herein. We rock.
One last thing. About that Giovana. When you're mining, we don't leave nuggets behind when we find the MOTHERLOAD.
So if Giovana was on my baseball team, she would certainly be MOST VALUABLE PLAYER! Geraldo Filme & those BADASS MOFOs Candeia & Nadinho Da Ilha too.
St. Julian Samba Showdown 16 by J Thyme '08
01. A Lua E O Mar - Jorginho do Império (1976)
02. Seu Rio, Meu Mar - Alcione (1978)
03. Tive Sim - Cartola (1974)
04. Sirie - Sapoty da Mangueira (1975)
05. Um Certo Dia Para 21 - Paulinho da Viola [Minha Portela Querida] (1972)
06. Só Chora Quem Ama - Nadinho Da Ilha (1976)
07. Quero Alegria - Beth Carvalho (1976)
08. Concurso Para Enfarte - Oswaldo dos Santos (1976)
09. Produto Nacional - Samba 4 (1974)
10. Cresca E Apareca - Os Originais do Samba (1975)
11. Um Frevo Novo - Brazilian Singers (1973)
12. Notícia - Nelson Cavaquinho (1977)
13. Não Tem Jeito Que Dê Jeito - Dominguinhos (1977)
14. Fittipaldiando - Nonato E Seu Conjunto (1974)
15. Meu Dinheiro Nao Da - Candeia e Catoni [Minha Portela Querida] (1972)
16. E Por Aqui - Walter Rosa (1976)
17. No Morro Da Casa Verde - Adoniran Barbosa (1975)
18. Fonte Da Bica - Cyro Aguiar (1975)
19. Cada Macaco No Seu Galho - Riachão (1973)
20. Brigaram pra Valer - Os Cinco Crioulos (1967)
21. Maria Rita - João Nogueira (1978)
22. Mineira - Giovana (1975)
23. Desafio - Ary Araujo (1975)
24. Santas Almas Benditas - Leci Brandão (1978)
That last track - Santas Almas Benditas by Leci Brandão has one of the most bizarre uses of Samba bass drum placement. It's playing in the opposite timing in an off-beat. Let's see who's paying attention?
Somewhere within this series is a story of FLOW. If you've flowed this far then thank you to those of us who flow with this procession.
Posted by Amelia Swhizzagers at 12:06 AM