Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Geraldo Filme "Geraldo Filme" 1980 Estúdio Eldorado - 256 kbps - 64 mb (Reup)


Let me start by saying that this is a MASTERPIECE of the Samba form. Maybe one of the greatest! If you look carefully at my Samba Showdowns, I keep dipping into this LP again & again & again & yet again.
A magnificently produced session & a very nice ride from start to finish. Wonderful choral singing & memorable guitar & percussion work here too. One spin of this should reveal why I've chosen this so many times when I do my round-ups. Enjoy!

File Under: Samba

P.S. For a tiny studio, Estúdio Eldorado certainly had an engineer who knew how to mic & work that mixing board. Wonderful tape saturation on this one & oh that warmth on the Samba Bass Drum just seals this! A PINNACLE.
A big, big "Thank You" to my SLSK buddy M!LLE from Minas Geraes for introducing me to this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment