Monday, November 5, 2007

Saravah For Café Après–midi - V.A. - 320 kbps - 196 mb (reup)


I had this up before, but wanted to share it once again. Since I've already posted an Italian compilation looking at Bossa Nova's influence on Italy, then it's time to look at an important little label out of France run by actor/musician/studio-head Pierre Barouh & his brilliant Saravah imprint. The range here is mindblowing. French Bossa Nova, French Jazz, French Folk, African Pop, French Soul, etc, etc. This is one that I'm still taking in. There are so many good tracks here that I'll just single out a few personal favorites. "On N'a Rien a Faire" by Pierre Barouh is great, swinging French Jazz Pop circa 1966. My other pick is the delicate French Bossa Folk number "Un Jour, Un Papillon" by Joel Favreau from 1970. Very sweet! I'm sure you'll find lots to enjoy here. A nice look at the warm embrace that Bossa Nova received from the French & a whole lot more. Enjoy!


File Under: French Folk-Jazz-Bossa Nova/ World Music

No comments:

Post a Comment